Working in partnership with Cambridge Ahead, Liam has written a summary of their most recent 'Future of work' survey run in May 2022, completed by over 200 under-35 year olds.
While most respondents have returned to the workplace, they are certainly not in the office full-time. Why is this? This summer, Cambridge Ahead convened a roundtable with local employers from public, private and third sectors, including recruiters and co-working space providers, to discuss this further.
Some highlights from their findings and discussion, are as follows:
- 75% of respondents stated that their employer has made changes to the workplace to accommodate a hybrid working model
- Free lunches and free drinks have been laid on to entice people back
- The optimal pattern seems to be 2-3 days working from home
- 87% stated that flexible working had made a positive change to them
- People want the best of both – the freedom to work from home, whilst embracing the return to the office. The flexible work culture looks set to be the future.
It was clear from the research that this remains a live discussion within organisations. Challenges remain around establishing transparent and trusting relationships between organisations and their younger employees, in addition to maximising productivity, whilst working in different spaces.
To read the full blog, please click here